Grant Me Hope Homes searching for House Parents
Have you ever considered working in the mission field in your own backyard? We have aged out, homeless, foster youth who need your need help. Grant Me Hope, a 501©3, is opening three homes for aged out foster youth in danger of homelessness. Each home needs full-time, house parents. This will be a full time, live-in position for both parents. (It will not work if you have small children or have children living with you yet.) These parents will teach life skills, cooking, cleaning, laundry, car maintenance, how to get a social security card, help getting a driver’s license, help filling out a job application, practicing for a job interview, make sure they get to their job, open a checking and savings account, oversee budgeting, make sure they get medical care, help them make wise choices, save money and eventually, get a place of their own. Being trauma informed is helpful, but not necessary, we will provide training. Being experienced parents with grown children would also be helpful.
House parents will work closely with the Grant Me Hope Homes Administrator for the in-take and individual independence plan of each resident.
We want this home to always be a place they can come “Home” to. If you are a Christian, love the Lord with all your heart and have a passion for foster children or the homeless, this is the calling for you!
These are paid positions with your housing covered. Vacations and health care will be offered.
We are working to open three homes: The boys home in Holland; and the girls homes in Fennville and Allegan.
Our house parents must have clean criminal backgrounds and good driving records.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Helen Zeerip at 930 Interchange Dr. Holland, MI 49423 or email Helen@GrantMeHope.org or call 616-836-7949.
Grant Me Hope Thrift Store
There are no open positions at the GMH Thrift Store at this time.
When we are hiring, it is typically for a cashier/production assistant. That job description is listed below. We’re happy to take your resume and call if a position becomes available.
Job Description: Cashier, production assistant
There’s a lot of fun to be had in a resale store where you know your work is helping others. On a daily basis you’ll sort through the inventory provided by generous donors and get it ready for display on the sales floor. Every day you’ll help create fun and eye-catching displays that will draw savvy resale shoppers into the store again and again. You’ll help keep the store fresh and pleasing for those thrifty gurus who are always looking for a good deal.
EMAIL RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greet customers entering and exciting the store in a friendly and pleasant manner.
- Understand and perform all necessary functions of the cash register, including purchases, returns, transactions cancellations and voids and producing reports.
- Become adept at handling all functions of the credit card machines and end of day batch reports
- Answer the telephone and handle callers in a professional manner, directing all sales calls and customer inquiries to the appropriate individual.
- Maintain a clean and presentable store environment. Keep areas suck as bathrooms, floors, break room, dressing rooms, and customer counter clean and presentable.
- Create eye-catching displays with the inventory on hand on a frequent basis that ensures the store always looks different and inviting. Hang clothing for display, price garments, hang clothing in appropriate area.
- Price and display jewelry, assist customers with items in case.
- Assist in creating and maintaining store displays and in-store volunteers.
- Direct donors to proper area for drop offs.
- As truck delivers store inventory, assist in putting it away.
- Assist in proper closing procedures. Store manager will assist in proper task list for end of day duties.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the store manager.
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce clothing for sales floor as instructed.
- Greet and assist donors as assigned.
- Answer telephone as needed.
- Understand truck scheduling and be able to schedule.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the production area, picking it up and keeping it organized as needed.
- Assist with removing trash to the dumpster.
- Assist in pricing product.
- Assist truck driver with unloading goods.
- Assist customers with the loading purchased goods as needed.
- Assist in maintaining camaraderie and unity between store staff and volunteers.
- Attend mission-centered events and meetings and designated by supervisor.
- Education: High school education
- Skills and Abilities
- Exhibit a clear passion for foster children and those we serve through our mission
- Have a strong spiritual presence and exhibit Christ like behavior
- Willingness to learn and be flexible, not easily overwhelmed in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively with managers, co-workers, volunteers, and customers.
- Punctual, Dependable attendance history.
- Be empathetic, a go-getter, a doer, fast on your feet and a quick thinker.
- Task and people oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with an extremely diverse group of people.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time to perform necessary job function
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 60 pounds
- Be able to manipulate, handle, hold, feel and control items or equipment
- Be able to read, write and interpret written documents.
- Retail store
- Customer Service
Help us help foster children who hope for adoption!
Find us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram and subscribe, like, share, and retweet our children’s videos to help find them a home! You never know. You may know someone considering adoption! Help us create more moments like this!