NOW HIRING: Weekend Cashier/Production assistant
Grant Me Hope Thrift Store Weekend Cashier/Production Assistant will assist the store manager and assistant store manager with production and inventory, including stocking and pricing.
· Greet customers entering and exciting the store in a friendly and pleasant manner.
· Understand and perform all necessary functions of the cash register, including purchases, returns, transactions cancellations and voids and producing reports.
· Become adept at handling all functions of the credit card machines and end of day batch reports
· Answer the telephone and handle callers in a professional manner, directing all sales calls and customer inquiries to the appropriate individual.
· Understand truck scheduling and be able to schedule deliveries and pick-ups as needed.
· Maintain a clean and presentable store environment. Keep areas suck as bathrooms, floors, break room, dressing rooms, and customer counter clean and presentable.
· Hang clothing for display, price garments, hang clothing in appropriate area.
· Price and display jewelry, assist customers with items in case.
· Assist in creating and maintaining store displays and in-store volunteers.
· Direct donors to proper area for drop offs.
· As truck delivers store inventory, assist in putting it away.
· Assist in proper closing procedures. Store manager will assist in proper task list for end of day duties.
· Perform additional tasks as requested by the store manager.
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Produce clothing for sales floor as instructed.
· Greet and assist donors as assigned.
· Answer telephone as needed.
· Understand truck scheduling and be able to schedule.
· Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the production area, picking it up and keeping it organized as needed.
· Assist with removing trash to the dumpster.
· Assist in pricing product.
· Assist truck driver with unloading goods.
· Assist customers with the loading purchased goods as needed.
· Assist in maintaining camaraderie and unity between store staff and volunteers.
· Attend mission-centered events and meetings and designated by supervisor.
· Education: High school education
· Skills and Abilities
o Exhibit a clear passion for foster children and those we serve through our mission
o Have a strong spiritual presence and exhibit Christ like behavior
o Willingness to learn and be flexible, not easily overwhelmed in a fast-paced environment.
o Communicate effectively with managers, co-workers, volunteers, and customers.
o Punctual, Dependable attendance history.
o Be empathetic, a go-getter, a doer, fast on your feet and a quick thinker.
o Task and people oriented
o Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with an extremely diverse group of people.
o The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time to perform necessary job function
o Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 60 pounds
o Be able to manipulate, handle, hold, feel and control items or equipment
o Be able to read, write and interpret written documents.
o Retail store
o Customer Service
Salary: $10.00 and $12.00 per hour
Job Type & Schedule: The weekend cashier is a part time position is to cover our Saturday shift and to fill in as needed on week day afternoons.
Work Location: One location
APPLY: Email resume to Info@grantmehope.org
Help us help foster children who hope for adoption!
Find us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram and subscribe, like, share, and retweet our children’s videos to help find them a home! You never know. You may know someone considering adoption! Help us create more moments like this!