Development/Community Outreach Coordinator.
Grant Me Hope is seeking a kind, passionate, dedicated, and exceptionally organized Development/Community Outreach Coordinator to join as an integral member of our small, but mighty team. Reporting to Executive Director and working closely with the Development Director, the Development/Community Outreach Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to schedule speaking engagements in front of large audiences. This position is a donor/community relationship builder with significant opportunities to assume responsibilities across a wide range of fundraising, speaking engagements, marketing, communications, and management activities. This individual needs to be friendly, outgoing, charismatic and well-groomed as they are in constant contact with external businesses and members of the community.
Employment Status: This is a part time, exempt position.
Compensation: Hourly, in accordance with demonstrated skills and relevant past success and experience.
• Collaborate with the Development Director on updating and monitoring the annual development calendar to ensure year-round engagement and stewardship of individual donors
• Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones
• Monitor and ensure the appropriate follow up occurs with donors and supporters
• Supports and grows special events
• Develops a plan with Development Director for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors, churches, businesses, and foundations
• Assist in plan to recruit, train, and utilize volunteers
II. Community Outreach and Education
• Creates an annual speaking engagement plan
• Shares Grant Me Hope mission through public speaking engagements
• Schedules outreach presentations in the community and communicates with staff regarding coverage and responsibilities.
• Develops outreach materials and packets in collaboration with Executive Director.
• Assists in the coordination of special events including Celebrating Hope, Family Funfest, dinner parties and appreciation activities.
• Implement and execute plan to grow truck decal program
Essential Qualities and Qualifications
• Understanding of and belief in Grant Me Hope’s mission and goals
• Mission and values driven with a strong commitment to finding foster children adoptive homes
• Demonstrated experience and comfort in fundraising, and soliciting for donations
• Sales experience
• Excellent speaking, written and presentation communication skills
• High level attention to detail and organization skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Outgoing and engaging personality with confidence to interact with large groups of people
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (experience with databases, auction software, and other electronic tracking systems a plus)
• Good sense of accountability, strong dependability, and impeccable integrity
• Enthusiastic self-starter operating with sustained energy and showing great initiative
• Comfort working with a diverse base of support and stakeholders, including churches, community leaders, volunteers, donors, other nonprofit organizations, agencies, and corporate partners
• Ability to provide own car, insurance, and valid driver’s license
• Ability to work flexible hours based on speaking engagement schedule
• Willingness to travel out of state as needed
• 1-3 years of experience with non-profit organization
APPLY TO: Founder Helen Zeerip by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Grant Me Hope’s purpose is to find loving, adoptive homes for foster children before they age out of the foster care system alone facing homelessness. Grant Me Hope has three goals: 1.) Educate the public about the plight of aged out foster children; 2.) Recruit more foster families to limit the number foster children in institutions; 3.) Get as many children adopted as possible.
For information on volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule a speaking engagement for a group or church to learn more about what Grant Me Hope does and why its work is so important, call GMH Founder and Board President Helen Zeerip at 616-836-7949 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Grant Me Hope!